What is Neurofeedback?
- Neurofeedback is a brain based approach to rehabilitation of the whole individual. It focuses on retraining and reconditioning brainwave patterns to maintain optimal-self regulation of the Central Nervous System (CNS). Neurofeedback improves mental performance, physiological stability and emotional control.
What conditions can be treated with Neurofeedback?
- Unremitting Depression
- Multitude of Anxiety Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Attachment Disorders
- Mild/moderate Depression
- Anger/impulse issues
- Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Autism/Asperger’s Spectrum Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Stroke & Traumatic Brain Injuries
How many session will it take?
- Noticeable results typically occur within the first 10 sessions, although a full course will typically require between 30-40 sessions for the results to hold long term. Certain clients and disorders will require more than 40 sessions, which is determined on an individual basis.
Is Neurofeedback covered by insurance?
- Neurofeedback combined with Psychotherapy uses the CPT billing code 90876, which is gaining increasing coverage, however most insurance companies do not cover neurofeedback alone (CPT 90901) or Neurofeedback combined with Psychotherapy. Currently, Medicaid and TriWest are our in-network payers who cover CPT billing code 90876.
- For other insurers, we provide a full psychotherapy session that utilizes Neurofeedback. Your insurance will be billed for Psychotherapy only.
- For clients interested in Neurofeedback services without Psychotherapy, we offer self-pay services. Financing available.
- Please call your insurance company first to find out what your plan will cover.
For more information on Neurofeedback, please click on the links below.
- What is Neurofeedback?
- Faces of Neurofeedback
- Regaining Control: Neurofeedback and PTSD
- Neurofeedback and Autism
We use the Cygnet system designed and distributed by EEGInfo. You can find more information on the system at www.eeginfo.com.