What is Neurofeedback?
- Neurofeedback is a brain based approach to rehabilitation of the whole individual. It focuses on retraining and reconditioning brainwave patterns to maintain optimal-self regulation of the Central Nervous System (CNS). Neurofeedback improves mental performance, physiological stability and emotional control.
Alpha-Theta Neurofeedback: Alpha-Theta training is utilized to treat deep seated psychological/emotional issues that lead to the physiological instability. It is a hypnagogic or meditative state where the unconscious mind lies. This form of neurofeedback is used in combination with other forms of psychotherapy for the treatment of trauma as well as to enhance peak performance in CEOs, musicians, athletes, etc.
What conditions can be treated with Neurofeedback?
- Unremitting Depression
- Multitude of Anxiety Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Attachment Disorders
- Mild/moderate Depression
- Anger/impulse issues
- Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Autism/Asperger’s Spectrum Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Stroke & Traumatic Brain Injuries
How many session will it take?
- Noticeable results typically occur within the first 10 sessions, although a full course will typically require between 30-40 sessions for the results to hold long term. Certain clients and disorders will require more than 40 sessions, which is determined on an individual basis.
Is Neurofeedback covered by insurance?
- Neurofeedback (CPT billing code 90901) is NOT covered by insurance.
- For Medicaid/CCHA members we are able to bill insurance for CPT billing code 90876 (Individual psychophysiological therapy incorporating biofeedback training by any modality (face-to-face with the patient), with psychotherapy (eg, insight oriented, behavior modifying or supportive psychotherapy)
- For clients interested in Neurofeedback services we offer self-pay options and financing is available through Advance Care.
For more information on Neurofeedback, please click on the links below.
- What is Neurofeedback?
- Faces of Neurofeedback
- Regaining Control: Neurofeedback and PTSD
- Neurofeedback and Autism
We use the Cygnet system designed and distributed by EEGInfo. You can find more information on the system at www.eeginfo.com.