What is Neuro-feedback?
- Neurofeedback is a brain based approach to rehabilitation of the whole individual. It focuses on retraining and reconditioning brainwave patterns to maintain optimal-self regulation of the Central Nervous System (CNS). Neurofeedback improves mental performance, physiological stability and emotional control.
What conditions can be treated with Neurofeedback?
- Unremitting Depression
- Multitude of Anxiety Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Attachment Disorders
- Mild/moderate Depression
- Anger/impulse issues
- Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Autism/Asperger’s Spectrum Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Stroke & Traumatic Brain Injuries
How many session will it take?
- Noticeable results typically occur within the first 10 sessions, although a full course will typically require between 30-40 sessions for the results to hold long term. Certain clients and disorders will require more than 40 sessions, which is determined on an individual basis.
Is Neurofeedback covered by insurance?
- Neurofeedback uses the same CPT billing code as biofeedback – 90901, which is gaining increasing coverage. Some insurance companies do not cover neurofeedback or will cover it only for specific purposes.
- At this time, we are only paneled with Tricare. We will provide you with a super-bill upon request to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Many insurance companies will reimburse you a percentage of your out of pocket fee when seeing an OUT-OF-NETWORK provider.
- Please call your insurance company first to find out what your plan will cover.
For more information on Neurofeedback, please click on the links below.
- What is Neurofeedback?
- Faces of Neurofeedback
- Regaining Control: Neurofeedback and PTSD
- Neurofeedback and Autism
We use both the Cygnet system designed and distributed by EEGInfo. You can find more information on the system at www.eeginfo.com.